- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Tibialis tendonitis (posterior or anterior)
- Severe pronation or pes planus
- Ankle arthritis or DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Charcot foot
- Ankle, subtalar, or midtarsal trauma
- Chronic achilles tendinitis
- Patients weighing more than 225lbs
- Patients who require extra support & control with indications listed above
The PTB gauntlet brace is ideal for patients requiring extra support and control with extra height. It measures 12 inches from the plantar surface of the foot to the top of the device and is recommended for patients weighing more than 225 pounds. This device is constructed with a 4mm polypropylene shell that can be reduced to 3mm for flexibility or increased to 5mm or 6mm for greater control.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position. The finished device is crafted by pulling a leather lining over the model, followed by the plastic layer and a final sewn leather top cover.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.
L1940 Ankle foot orthosis, plastic or other material, custom fabricated
L2820 Addition to Lower Extremity Orthosis, Soft Interface for Molded Plastic, Below Knee Section
L2330 A leather, or similar material, lacer molded from a model of the patient, that fits around the calf area, includes casting and cast preparation