Patient Communication with KevinRoot Medical Policy
As policy, KevinRoot Medical does not provide treatment to a patient directly. For ethical reasons, we cannot advise patients with possible medical treatments. KevinRoot Medical does not do business directly with patients. Patients must receive treatment and information about said treatment through a licensed medical provider in their local area.
If a patient wants to know more about the details of their prescription or treatment, they should communicate only to their licensed provider. If a patient contacts KevinRoot Medical, we will suggest that the patient communicates only with their physician and/or clinic.
For transparency and ethical reasons, KevinRoot Medical will contact the patient’s clinician and/or clinic about the nature of the patient’s contact with KevinRoot Medical regardless of the reason(s). The patient’s topic concerns will be forwarded to their licensed physician or provider. Some of the common topics and reasons a patient may contact KevinRoot Medical may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Patient inquiry into the time of receiving a shipping order
- Patient inquiry into when an order began with KevinRoot Medical
- Patient inquiry into the details of their doctor’s instructions
- Patient request or demand for orthotic device modifications
- Patient request for change in the shipping address
- Patient request for another doctor
- Patient disagreements with their doctor’s instructions
In the case that a patient wants their custom orthotics with KevinRoot Medical, but through a different licensed provider, we can suggest a list of clinics that have KevinRoot Medical as their supplier, if a patient wishes to do so. If a patient chooses that route, we would suggest that a patient obtains two or three referrals from those various licensed providers. In this case, the patient’s clinic and/or clinician will be notified of the patient’s request.