G120 - Standard
- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Tibialis tendonitis (posterior or anterior)
- Severe pronation or pes planus
- Ankle arthritis or DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Charcot foot
- Ankle, subtalar, or midtarsal trauma
- Chronic achilles tendinitis
- Patients who require stabilized subtalar, talocalcaneal, midtarsal & ankle joints
The Standard gauntlet brace is the gold standard for treating sedentary to very active patients with adult-acquired flatfoot or PTTD. It can also be used to treat varus or valgus deformities, severe pronation, and other tendon pathologies. Measuring 9-inch in height, this brace distributes forces equally throughout the lower extremity. The standard 4mm polypropylene shell wraps just anterior to the malleoli, though the trim lines can be customized for more or less control. This device can also function as a water device and should be washed immediately after use in saltwater.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position. The finished device is crafted by pulling a leather lining over the model, followed by the plastic layer and a final sewn leather top cover.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.
L1940 Ankle foot orthosis, plastic or other material, custom fabricated
L2820 Addition to Lower Extremity Orthosis, Soft Interface for Molded Plastic, Below Knee Section
L2330 A leather, or similar material, lacer molded from a model of the patient, that fits around the calf area, includes casting and cast preparation